How To Practice MCQs for the NEET Exams
- Always work out on Fixed Time basis as you need to be thorough with Time Management
- Remember: NEET MDS has 240 MCQs with 180 minutes. Hardly you will have 45 seconds per question.
- Within this short time itself you should read the Question with Options; arrive at the right choice and mark it. Hence you should have a lot of control over Time.
- Built an effective time-based answering right from the day one in an orderly manner.
- Maintain a Log Book for your MCQ practice. That’s going to be your helper in last minute study.
- Below is an Example of MCQs Practice Model for a Chapter with 60 Questions.
The best way to prepare for MCQs is to prepare in a Simulated Test Environment with a limited time. It is the most practical way to train your mind within the constraints of limited time.
How to Practice MCQs in a Practice/Test Mode
(Steps to Follow)
- Write Down/Prepare a Word template with the Number of MCQs that to be Answered. E.g.: 01 – 60 or 01-25 etc.
- Make minimum three columns for each Chapter you practice because your target is 01 Basic Preparation and 02 Revisions. If you have a data like this, you can analyze your preparation thoroughly and can be corrected the mistakes and you will be knowing weak areas.
- Set the Alarm Clock. Initially 1 minute per MCQ. Allot 60 minutes for 60 MCQs, 20 minutes for 20 MCQs.
- Start answering one by one Question without looking into key answers.
- Finish answering one-line MCQs to save the time while reading a question.
- Mark only those you are 100% confident (Negative Marking is live)
- Start answering remaining ones after finishing one-liner. Here also mark only 100% confident ones.
- By the time you finish one round, you must have answered at least 50% questions.
- Now investigate the questions you have left. Some answers will strike when you are reading the question the second time. Finish answering those.
- By the time your round 2 finished, you must have answered 80% of the Paper. Remember this is your Positive Score. Keep it preserved. Meanwhile, time also must be running out. I suggest don’t attempt any more questions as you have a Negative marking.
- Submit the Paper/Stop your practice test session.
Once you complete your practice MCQs test, now it is time to analyze the answers and take a note of the mistakes you have made.
See the next slide of this article to know how to properly assess the practice test.