Refresh your Core Subject knowledge. Then interviewer might ask you a few technical questions.
A well-groomed look gives an image of thoroughness and professional look.
- Your achievements should be brought out in a systematic order as and when you are asked about it.Follow the normal etiquette for the interview.
- Wait for the officer to speak first- Listen carefully before you speak.
- Take a few long breaths this will calm down your nerves, after listening to the question carefully, clarify your doubts if any, before you answer the question.Think well before you answer. For more questions will follow your answers.
- The New Technique adopted at the SSB Interview is RAPID QUESTIONS . Listen to the questions carefully. Think well before you answer, elaborate your answers and tactfully take him on to your strong points. Do not over emphasize them.
- Be very clear in your thought and expression. Don’t speak in a low voice, be loud enough so that interviewer don’t have to strain their ears.
- Be brief, brevity is the hallmark of a good communicator. Answer all the questions in a sequence.If you don’t know an answer be Honest. The Interviewer will respect integrity and honesty.
- NEVER Exaggerate.Never boast about anything including your achievements.Never enter into an argument with the interviewer on any topic.
Must Know these Stuffs:
- The rank structure of the forces.
- The current events.
- Knowledge about your town.
- Your projects.
- Why you want to join the forces.
- What will you do in case you do not get selected at selected.
- (this is to see how determined you are in achieving your aim)
- Have a plan B in case you exhaust all the chances then you will.
Be Witty & Use Common Sense as interviews are never just from the subjects
For example – When the interviewer asks you to organize a trekking event remember the following points. or any other event the heading under which you can cover the preparations are:
Initial Preparation. Venue. Event. Specific Items need for the event. Communication. On the day. Hospitality. Budget. Keeping the journal and recording the event. After the event.
- Maintain proper Eye contact with the person who asks you the Question. This shows your Confidence and honesty. Avoid using frequently words and phrases like” I mean”, ” You know”, “well”, “as such” etc. In the end you want to ask the officer any questions plese do so, if not then so politely “I have no questions to ask you sir.” Last but not the least, BE NATURAL. When the interview ends.
- If offered a Handshake, do so, if not just say, “Thank you for the opportunity and put the chair back to its original position before leaving. Leave the place with a warm smile and a nod of head. Close the door gently and leave the room.