THE MENTAL GAME OF NEET EXAMS – HOW TO PREPARE FOR SUCCESS ?
Learn very crucial points on preparing for the highly competitive Post Graduation Exams. With NEET being the official exam now, students must know how to tackle the exams and this article will help the students a great deal in that.
I am sure by now those who are in to internship are already feeling the heat of the real life after BDS dental graduation. With the way the Post Graduate exam scenes are changing, that is also putting a lot of pressure on dental graduates.
Please remember, its not just a matter of scoring in the exam. That comes way latter. The real game is about the mental strength, the desire and the hunger to get through the very tough Post Graduate Entrance exams. With NEET now being an official exam, you got to be mentally strong to work for long hours without worrying much about the outcome. Believe me its not easy.
All this will prepare you for the day of that final NEET Exam.
Its a Game of Your Determination &
How you Tackle Your Fear
Success in your Dental Career & Education in many ways depends on how determined you are to tackle your fear of not securing a rank in the exams !
There are two best thoughts which needs to be remembered each moment when you are sailing through these stressful days.
For the first half the people who are worrying
“Success belongs only to those who are willing to work harder than anyone else”
And for those who are prepared well I guess you all should remember one thing..
“There is always a light at the end of tunnel”
See Next Slide
What is the Feeling of a Dental Student Facing such tough exams and how to tackle them ?
I know the feeling which each one faces in those days of entrance preparation.. FEAR ..
One way tackle this fear of faille & success in exams is to use it in a way to propel you more towards your goal of securing a rank in the exam.
that’s actually needed the most to keep your clock ticking & not to make you complacent.
So having discussed about the emotional aspect of preparing for the TOUGH NEET MDS Entrance Exams, I will proceed in this article to answer few of the most commonly asked questions by all the dentist planning to appear for NEET next year.
“THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT MDS ENTRANCE”
Believe in one thing – U HELP SOMEONE TODAY, GOD WILL SURELY HELP U SOMEDAY.. HERE IT GOES 🙂
With that personal view the most common questions asked are :
- HOW MUCH TIME IS NEEDED FOR PREPARATION ?
- IS IT NECESSARY TO DO THEORY ?
- SHOULD I JOIN ANY COACHING ?
- SHOULD I JOIN A TEST SERIES ?
- SHOULD I JOIN ONLINE TEST SERIES ?
Let’s start with the 1st question in the next slide
HOW MUCH TIME IS NEEDED FOR PREPARATION ?
#1. HOW MUCH TIME IS NEEDED FOR PREPARATION ?
- Now time is money here .. it all depends on whether you are dropping or just preparing during internship. Keeping that point apart, you should make a time table of yours in which you should mark a deadline for each subject.
- Make sure the amount of time you allotted for successive revisions are less than the earlier one. So if you plan your study this way then you will get a rough idea about the level of preparation you will be doing at the end of preparation.
#2. IS IT NECESSARY TO DO THEORY?
- Now there are many people who give a different formula for entrance prep, but you all should know one thing that nobody guaranties you the success.. but yes.. they do give a hope. Somebody has said the truth. “ To know the path ahead, ask those who are coming back” . This just means that if somebody has got success then you surely have a hope in that path. But each you all should remember one thing, every individual is different.
- Hence the amount of effort put by each individual is different and luck too. But one thing you all should remember is, YOU REALLY CAN’T SAIL IN TWO BOATS AT A TIME. The best advice to you all : trust one , and follow ii. Don’t complicate things by listening to too many people.
- Ask one person who got a true success and follow it.What matters is the amount of trust you put in his words. That’s what is important to keep yourself motivated.
- It also depends on your time and how you have read in your BDS days. I never had time to read theory in my internship but I had worked hard during in my UG, so I was not much scared about the standard books. But those who have taken a break of another year , I advise them to read the theory to because they have lot lot time for preparation.
See Next Slide for the Question
Should I join Coaching Centres for NEET Exams ?
#3. SHOULD I JOIN ANY COACHING ?
This is a complicated question !! The answer is not easy too.
I was from a small town called Belgaum where you hardly have coaching institutes, and the other factor is the time you have to do for preparation. So its a decision you have to take, taking in to consideration the factors and whether coaching will be truly effective for you.
The answer is !!
Yeh do Join it .. only if you can… why ???
The answer is simple. In batch of 100 BDS students there will be 5 who rare truly interested in NEET/MDS entrance preparation. S1o imagine having 100 of such people who are constantly surrounding you , who are much serious about entrance than you are !!
How does that feel ?
FEAR isn’t it ! !!
image credits : imgur.com
that’s actually which is needed when you start entrance prep .. you do need that fear which always motivates you for it.
But One thing holds true in this matter. The final result does not depend on what coaching center you joined.
its every individuals hard work which matters the most.
ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS!!
Although u need to give some part of your credit to the coaching center .
The Most Common advantages of Joining a Coaching Centre are
- Coaching centre is the best place where you will be getting the latest question of various previous entrance examinations.
- Good coaching centres keep updating their course structure depending on the changes in the exams. For example AIPG is now NEET and that needs few changes so that students do well in the new system. Good coaching centres take care of that. So if you are consistent in your coaching centre teaching system, then you will by default prepare as per the latest trend in the PG Entrance exams.
- Most of the coaching centres do periodic exams and bring out merit list of students in the exams. That gives the student an idea on where he/she stands among students.
- This is most important when it comes to securing a best rank in entrance. Getting those questions from the coaching institute is almost equal to giving all entrance exams, but yes, it although completely can’t take the place of those exams. But you can have the most closest feel of the real exams.
See Next Slide
Should You Join A Test Series ?
#4. SHOULD YOU JOIN A TEST SERIES ?
SHOULD I JOIN A TEST SERIES?
This question was most asked by those who are devoid of coaching centers in their place.
The answer is YES !!
But with the advent of faster internet connection duper in to the demography, more and more online tests are coming up.
SHOULD I JOIN ONLINE TEST SERIES ?
The answer is NOOO * [ * conditions apply]
The reason why I said Nooo is because
You don’t really feel anything when you give exams on this dumb box that is computer !
Expectation is that you will get a feel of Real Exams but the reality is all that you will do is sit in front of computer and solve some answers without having any real time human competitors.
Yeah try it once. It’s like just trying a new application on Facebook. He he
Now why the [ *] ?
that’s because for those who don’t have classroom test series option then it’s a must to go for online test series.. “something is better than nothing” isn’t it??
The advantage of joining a test series specially the class room test series is it makes you feel the fear of exam which you will eventually get used to.. the another advantages is, you really can judge how many repeated question you missed in each exam… this gives you an idea about the amount of prep you needed so that you don’t miss the repeated once.
- Two things which you all need to remember when it comes to test series, you hardly have time to revise the explanation given by test series … yes … that’s true … at the end of the year its damn difficult to revise those with books … So make sure you give the best attempt every time so that you don’t have to repeat it again.
- The 2nd thing you need to remember is not to follow the time table which the test series follows. You really can’t do a single subject a full week and get top rank in that exam. If you do that then at the end of the year you will end up with 2-4 revisions only. That’s not the right thing … maybe that’s ok for the first 2 months.. after that you need to have your own timetable so at the end of year you are done with many revisions .