Step # 1- WHEN TO START PREPARATION?
The first approach is the best approach.
Every year some 25000 new aspirants are competing with you. Remember this.
In the changed scenario at least 8 months of preparation is needed to face any dental entrance exam confidently.
Happily, enjoy first 2-4 months during your internship as we all are
human beings and we need time to relax.
This is the golden period of your life and also the platform where you have to start the journey for your rest of life.
I strongly suggest you start preparing for Dental Entrance Exams immediately after 2 months of internship starting.
Time lost can never be gained. Time and Tide won’t stop for anybody.
Gather information on the exams that you want to cover. Then start preparing for them.
As teachers, we have seen Internees wasting their time by reading newspapers, novels, and chit chats in the Department.
Instead of that utilize this time for reading any MCQ questions papers.
The internship is the turning pointing in the life of a dental surgeon.
We strongly suggest you shed off your inertia and fully utilize this valuable and irrevocable golden time.
Should I join Clinics or a private dental practice?
We suggest that you join any clinics but not for more than first 3-4 months unless there is any financial problem.
It really gets difficult to manage both the private practice and
As the doctor who is paying you salary will expect you to be always on call doing proper work and as exams near you will be crunched for times. In such a moment it will become very difficult to work full time for the senior dentist and at the same time preparing for the exam.
It will be the case of too many things on hand but no time to manage them properly.
Such a situation will put undue tension and when you are preparing for competitive dental exams you need a clear and calm mind.
So it’s always better to leave any clinic (max after 3 months of working).
Your goal is not to work in someone’s clinic.
Your goal is to be successful in higher dentistry and one day starting your own clinic.
Step #2 -WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU START YOUR PREPARATION?
- Preparation For Entrance Exam Is Different From Preparing For Under graduateExam. Some Of The Concepts Which You Read In Your UG May Be Different For Pg. This Is Because Most Of Our Mcq Were Prepared From Amercian National Boards.
- Procure All The Study Materials.
- Stop Procrastinating. Start Today … Of Course Now Itself.
- Plan And Organize Your Studies And Study In Advance.
- Prepare The Schedules For Each Subject And The Time To Be Allotted.Time Management Is Very Very Important.
- Think Positively. Make Your Mind Tension Free.Make Your objectives Clear And Precise.
- Don’t Feel Shy Of Hard Work.
- Pre-Plan & Avoid Activities That Usually Confront One During Exam Preparation—May Be Financial Problems, Family Problems Or Any Other Personal Problem. Remember These Are All Temporary Things.
- Do Not Get Disturbed Due To Lack Of Self-Confidence On Account Of Failures Or Low Percentage In Earlier Exams. It Is The Hard Work With Logical Learning That Counts In The Pg Entrance.
- PRACTISE, PRACTISE, PRACTISE READING MCQS WITH REASONING.
- Only One Easy Way Of Succeeding In The Examination Is –Hard Work.