(For Dental Students in India)
Are you a dental surgeon with a Passion to join Indian Army ( may or may not as Dental Corps ) . If your answer is yes … then read this article and know about the alternative way to join Army as an officer ( but not as Dental Corp ) .
This opening in Army is open for all the graduates from any stream including DENTAL GRADUATES . So all BDS , MDS , Practicing & working dental surgeons are also eligible for it .
But Dentists can also join army as Territorial Officer . This article describes about such opening … If u haven”t applied this time … Then Be aware of this opening and apply it at the earliest when the next opening comes .
The Territorial Army (TA) offers gainfully employed young men an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
*Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
*Age – 18 to 42 years as on 31 Dec 2011.
*Qualification – Graduate from any recognized university.
*Employment – Gainfully Employed in Central Govt/Semi Govt /Pvt Firm/ Own business.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
• Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
• Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
• Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
• Officers commissioned in TA Infantry may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on requirement.
EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING
• One month basic training in the first year of commission.
• Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
• Six months training of three each at TA training School and at IMA Dehradun within first two years of commissioned service.
All desirous civil candidates are required to obtain the form from Employment News newspaper or download from
www.indianarmy.nic.in and send it along with self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps
worth Rs.27/- affixed on envelope to their respective TA Group Headquarters as per the area given below:
- Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- Age– 18 to 42 years
- Qualification -Graduate from any recognised university.
- Employment – Gainfully Employed in Central/State Govt/ Semi Govt/Pvt Sector/Self Employed.
- Note : Serving member of the Regular Army/Navy/Air Force/ Police /GREF/Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular
Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid
down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for
military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
- Pay Scales.
|RANK||PAY BANDS / SCALE||GRADE PAY||Military Service Pay|
- Date of written Exam : (Please check the official army site for the details)
Numbers of Questions
Part – 1 Reasoning
Part – 2 Elementary Mathematics
Part – 1 General Knowledge
Part – 2 English
HOW TO APPLY. All desirous civilian candidates can obtain Application Form, from Employment Newspaper or download from www.indianarmy.nic.in (FREE OF COST) and send it alongwith self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps worth Rs.27/- affixed on envelope (No other cost for submission) to the respective TA Group Headquarters as per the choice of following examination centres. NO OTHER DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH APPLICATION FORM.
|SER NO||WRITTEN EXAMINATION CENTRE||APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED TO|
|1.||Chandigarh||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Western Command, Building No.750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh-160 009. Ph No. 0172-2547864|
|2.||Lucknow & Patna||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Central Command, Lucknow (UP) – 226002. Ph No.0522-2482278|
|3.||Kolkata & Shillong||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William,Kolkata (WB) – 700021. Ph No.033-22313227|
|4.||Jaipur, Pune, Bangaluru & Hyderabad||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Southern Command, Pune-411001. Ph No. 7768003601, 02026880123|
|5.||Udhampur & Srinagar||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Northern Command, Udhampur (J&K) – 182101 Ph No.01992 243592|
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
(a) Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam followed by interview only if passed in written exam) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
(b) Successful candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
Applications for the year 2016 are already published. Last date to apply – 30th June 2016
Check out the Official form – Indian Army Territorial Officer