We are discussing the best ways to attract new patients to your dental practice.
5. Create a Website for your Dental Practice
Make two points very clear for you:
- You need a website for your dental practice.
- You must make the site engaging, informative and interactive.
You should not even question the above two points irrespective of some people telling you that websites do not have much use for a dental practice.
Why should you have a website for your dental practice (2 reasons)?
- Having a website is similar to having an online identity for your professional practice. Some may not agree, but it is the face of your practice that many potential patients will check by default.
- In this era, for any health professional set up, not having a website makes it look unprofessional.
In the recent years, the cost of website development has reduced drastically. Domain names and hosting prices are the lowest ever. Also, with the popularity of WordPress (which is completely free and easy to use) creating a website has never been this easy. So, every dentist has no reason not to have a website.
The necessary steps to create a website for your dental practice:
- Purchase a domain name and hosting for your website.
- Start writing essential contents for your accurate.
- Contact an experienced and reliable WordPress website designer. (Do not go for random website designers. Ask other dentists and take their recommendations)
- Make sure that your dental website has decent payment option, testimonials, and social media features.
- There are certain points that you must ask the web designer to incorporate on your website. Without these essential features, no dental practice website can be complete.
If you want to know more on the dental internet site, then we have previously covered in detail the points which every dental website must have.
In the fast-moving world of internet and social media, Yes, it’s an absolute must and one of the most important tools of Dental Practice Management. having a website for your dental practice is a must. You might ask why then here are the reasons It’s the 21st century and almost the entire world lives on the internet.
6. Target to Improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
We just discussed the importance of having a website for your dental practice. Therefore, it is natural to consider Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
For every dentist, other than having a website, the next crucial online point to have is to make sure that People can see your dental practice information when ever they search for a dentist on the internet.
Just like social media promotion, SEO can also be made highly Geographic accurate. You will need to take help of an experienced SEO Professional to ensure that people can find your dental practice when they are searching for a dentist.
The most commonly used search engine in Google. So, let us see how a search for a dentist appears on a random search.
I typed “Dentists in Mumbai, ” and you can see the results below.
The results you see below are part of the local listings of Google where relevant results are shown based on the location of the users.
You can also see the top section where you will notice some practice names with [Ad] mentioned next to them. These google ads of dental practices and their websites. You can also purchase such advertisements. These are known as Pay Per Click Advertisements (PPC)
To appear in the top of the organic results, SEO of your dental practice website has to be accurate. You can take help of SEO professionals for this. They can also guide you in purchasing and managing relevant google ads so that your dental practice ads appear to anyone who resides in the area around your dental practice.
Google now not only shows local listings, but it also prioritizes them on mobile searches. It is done to make it easier for people on-the-go to find the business they are looking for. According to Google, “50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day, and 34% who searched on computer/tablet did the same.”
Therefore, to find new patients, you must start utilizing the power of Search Engine Optimization. It is a vast topic to discuss that we will cover in detail.
For now, keep track of these points while taking the help of an SEO professional:
- Optimize the name of your dental practice (e.g. Your Area Name – Endodontics center or Your Area Name – Implant center)
- Optimize the meta data for your dental practice with your name (e.g. Your Area Name – Dental Speciality – Dr. John Cuseshak)
The above two are the Location Specific, Speciality Specific and Dentist Name Specific key words)
- Ask the SEO person to use Long Tail Keywords. (e.g. Dentist in Mumbai Who Does Speciality Orthodontics)
- Use the keywords in the SEO of your dental website also. Use social media profiles indicators in the search results.
You must read 17 Daily Habits of the most successful dentists and start using them in your dental career for better results.
To be a professional certified dentist one needs to dedicate years for learning the craft and graduate as a dentist. It again takes some additional years in fine tuning your skills as a dentist. You also need to regularly attend CDE programs to stay updated with the latest developments in dental instruments and treatment modalities.
The article continues in the next slide. Press next to go to the next slide to know the point Number 7 on How to manage the review systems to get new patients?