UAE Federation of Seven Emirates
The UAE is a federation of seven emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, and Umm al-Qaiwain. Political power is concentrated in Abu Dhabi, which controls the vast majority of the UAE’s economic and resource wealth. The two largest emirates — Abu Dhabi and Dubai — provide over 80% of the UAE’s income. UAE and Middle east countries are emerging fast as the ultimate destination for dental graduates (BDS/MDS). The reason being high pay and a cosmopolitan life style of Dubai. This article will try to give you all the basic information that you must know as a dental student.
What is MOH LICENSE EXAM for UAE ?
All the health professionals who seek to work in UAE must appear for MOH examination and get qualified for work in UAE. Evaluation of the below categories is done in MOH Examination and separate exams conducted for the following professions.
- Physicians and Dentists
- Pharmacists and Assistants
- Nurses and Midwives
- Physicians, Practitioners and Technicians of the Complementary and Alternative
3 different Health Ministries functioning in UAE :
- MOH which is Ministry of Health passing the MOH you are allowed to work in 5 emirates but not in Dubai or Abudhabi.
- DHA – Dubai Health Authority (previously known as DOHMS – Department of Health and Medical Services) DHA registration is required for working in Dubai.
- GAH which is General Authority of Health Exam or usually know as MOH/Abu Dhabi.