MOH EXAMS UAE – FOR DENTISTS AND HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
A Happy Dentist, On Line Entrepreneur, Guitarist & Musician, Big Foody & Cinema Lover. He loves to share information that will be of help to students.
Latest posts by Deb (see all)
- HOW TO REDUCE DENTAL PHOBIA AND MANAGE PATIENTS IN DENTAL CLINIC - June 29, 2016
- DENTAL PHOBIA : 10 REASONS WHY PEOPLE ARE SCARED OF DENTISTS ? - June 28, 2016
- TIPS TO SOLVE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (MCQS) - June 19, 2016
UAE Federation of Seven Emirates
The UAE is a federation of seven emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, and Umm al-Qaiwain. Political power is concentrated in Abu Dhabi, which controls the vast majority of the UAE’s economic and resource wealth. The two largest emirates — Abu Dhabi and Dubai — provide over 80% of the UAE’s income. UAE and Middle east countries are emerging fast as the ultimate destination for dental graduates (BDS/MDS). The reason being high pay and a cosmopolitan life style of Dubai. This article will try to give you all the basic information that you must know as a dental student.
Q – I would like to know about UAE ?
Ans : The UAE is a federation of seven emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, and Umm al-Qaiwain. Political power is concentrated in Abu Dhabi, which controls the vast majority of the UAE’s economic and resource wealth. The two largest emirates — Abu Dhabi and Dubai — provide over 80% of the UAE’s income.
Q – What is MOH medical license exam for UAE ?
All the health professionals who seek to work in UAE must appear for MOH examination and get qualified for work in UAE. Evaluation of the below categories is done in MOH Examination and separate exams conducted for the following professions.
- Physicians and Dentists
- Pharmacists and Assistants
- Nurses and Midwives
- Physicians, Practitioners and Technicians of the Complementary and Alternative
3 different Health Ministries functioning in UAE :
- MOH which is Ministry of Health passing the MOH you are allowed to work in 5 emirates but not in Dubai or Abudhabi.
- DHA – Dubai Health Authority (previously known as DOHMS – Department of Health and Medical Services) DHA registration is required for working in Dubai.
- GAH, which is General Authority of Health Exam or usually know as MOH/Abu Dhabi.
Q – What is the criteria for
General Practitioner Examination ?
- Detailed CV English or Arabic.
- 2.Copy of basic Degree.(ATTESTED)
- 3.Transcript for the Basic Degree.
- 4.Copy of Internship Certificate. (ATTESTED)
- 5.Copy of Experience Certificates up to date. (ATTESTED)
- 6.4 Photos.
- 7.Passport photocopy.
- 8.Registration Fee (100 Dhs. On Registration date only).
Attestation must be done from M. O.Foreign Affairs, U.A.E.Embassy in the Country Degrees Awarded and M.O.Foreign Affairs in U.A.E.
Criteria to sit for GP exam:
- 1. M.B.B.S. OR. Equivalent Degree Certificate.
- 2.One year of Internship in a Teaching Hospital OR if no internship then two years experience in a non-Teaching Hospital is equal t one-year of internship.
- 3. Two Years of Clinical Experience after Internship.
- 4. Not More than 3 Attempts.
Q – What is the criteria for Specialist Doctors Examination ?
What is the criteria for Specialist Doctors Examination?
- 1.Detailed CV English or Arabic.
- 2.Copy of basic Degree.
- 3.Copy of postgraduate qualification.
- 4.Experience Certificates up to date especially after post Graduation qualification.
- 5.Three Photos.
- 6.Passport photocopy.
- 7.Registration Fee (100 Dhs. On Registration date only)
Ceriteria to sit for specialist doctors:
- 1.The minimum requirements to qualify for the above Examination are a Master Degree or an Equivalent Qualification.
- 2.Specialists who do not qualify for the above are allowed to sit for the GP Examination, provided they satisfy the criteria for that Examination.
- 3.Three years of experience is compulsory after Postgraduate Qualification. (only for Private Sector).
Q – What is the criteria for DENTAL Practitioner Examination ?
- 1. B.D.S.. OR Equivalent Degree Certificate.
- 2. One year Internship in a Teaching Hospital OR. if no internship then two years experience in a non-Teaching Hospital is equal to one-year internship.
- 3. Two years of Clinical experience after Internship.
- 1. Correctly filled Application form
- 2. Detailed C.V. in English or Arabic
- 3. Copies & Original of Professional Qualifications / Originals should be Authenticated*
- 4. Copy & Original of mark sheets / Originals should be Authenticated*
- 5. Copy & Original of testimonials and work experience letters/certificates in the field of specialty, including the date of appointment, leaving date and post held / Originals should be Authenticated*
- 6. A legal translation of the non – Arabic / English document
- 7. 5 Photograph
- 8. Copy of the Registration with Medical Professional Organizations.
- 9. Letter of Job Offered by Government or Private Sector.
- 10. Good Standing Certificate for the last three years.
- 11. A copy valid Passport
- 12. A copy of Family Book for UAE Nationals.
- 13. 100 DHs.(E- Dirham) fee at the registration day
** Attestation from foreign affairs and UAE Embassy of the country of origin of the certificates and from UAE Foreign Affairs
In exam you must provide:
- 1. Proof of your identity (e.g. passport or national identity card) at exam hall. Second country nationals must produce a passport.
- 2. Curriculum Vitae.
Q – Medical Recruitment Flow Chart (for Doctors) ?
Q – Who is required to take this exam?
Undertaken by all doctors wishing to practice in United Arab Emirates. It is in fact various exams for various specialties. Separate exams for Medical Practicioners/GPs, Nurses, Pharmacists, Anesthesis and so on.
Q – What is the test like?
Infect, no particular syllabus advised, you have to prepare as per specialty. The examination is conducted twice a year in English language. It consists of three parts: written exam, practical and viva. The written exam comes in the form of multiple choice. A candidate must pass the written to qualify for practical and viva exams. Similarly, a specialist candidate must pass a viva exam to qualify for the practical exam.
Examples for the written exam:
1. The maxillary and mandibular retainers are constructed according to the design specified for the patient in the following:
- a- treatment stage of orthodontics
- b- post-treatment stage of orthodontics
- c- pretreatment stage
- d- retention stage
- e- none of the above
2. In managing the resorption in tooth #9, the dentist should find which of the following intra-canal medicaments to be the MOST effective?
- a-Camphorated parachlorophenol
- b-Methylcresyl acetate
- c- Calcium hydroxide
- d- Formocresol
Q – Re-Appearing the MOH test
A candidate can only re-sit the exam twice. If a candidate does not succeed to secure pass in two attempts he will be disqualified for any post in the Ministry or private.
Q – Does passing the MOH test guarantees the job offer in the UAE?
NO. Finding a job remains the responsibility of the doctor who should ensure that he/she is well informed about the opportunities for work before embarking on the MOH exam.
Q – What type of visa do I need to apply for MOH examination?
You need to apply for a visa by yourself. Ministry of Health is not providing any visa to sit for exam. You should arrange for it.
Q – What will it cost?
The Registration Fee for taking the MOH Exam is 100 Dhs. On Registration date only.
Ministry of Health UAE
Additional Informations on MOH for Dental Students
The UAE is a federation of seven emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, and Umm al-Qaiwain. Political power is concentrated in Abu Dhabi, which controls the vast majority of the UAE’s economic and resource wealth. The two largest emirates – Abu Dhabi and Dubai – provide over 80% of the UAE’s income.
Disclaimer : All the informations here are for your general awareness purpose. Though all care has been taken to provide the latest updates, regulations keep changing. In case of any doubt always visit the UAE Embassy in your country. Never pay money to any third party that claims to give you registration without exams. Always verify the informations with the embassy directly before taking a final decision.