Dental Course In United Kingdom

The (General Dental Council) GDC will launch the Overseas Registration Examination (ORE) – which replaces the International Qualifying Examination (IQE) – in September 2007.So the ruling is already in effect at present.

The ORE will be in two parts:


Part One will consist of:

– a written paper covering clinical applied dental science and clinically applied human disease; and – a written paper in aspects of clinical dentistry, law and ethics, and health and safety.

Part Two will consist of :

– an examination on a dental manikin;
– an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) that tests candidates’ clinical skills;
– an examination designed to test candidates’ diagnostic and treatment planning skills; and
– a medical emergencies examination.

New candidates applying to sit the ORE must demonstrate that they have at least 1,600 hours clinical experience where they have personally treated patients in the dental chair. This experience can be gained during the undergraduate degree, during post-qualification experience, or a combination of both. Candidates will have to verify this experience by providing references from University Dental Deans or employers.

Current IQE candidates can transfer across to the new exam; and those who have passed Part A of the IQE will be exempt from the first paper in Part One of the new exam. Those who choose not to transfer will be limited to two attempts at each part of the IQE before being automatically transferred to the new exam.

The ORE will be run on a cost-neutral basis to the GDC and the fees, subject to Privy Council approval, will be:

– Part One – £600
– Part One(b) – £150 – this is for those candidates who have passed part A of the IQE and have transferred to the new exam
– Part Two – £2,250

Further information about the ORE is available on the GDC website- Click HERE

General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street

Check the following link

Few of the colleges in UK are as follows >>>>

United Kingdom
GKT Dental Institute
St Bartholomew’s & The Royal London School of Medicine & Dentistry
University of Birmingham, UK
University Dental Hospital of Manchester
University of Newcastle upon Tyne
University of Sheffield

Next Amazing Posts

JOIN TERRITORIAL ARMY AS AN OFFICER AFTER BDS/MDS Are you a dental surgeon with a Passion to join Indian Army ( may or may not as Dental Corps ) . If your answer is yes ... then read this article an...
TRUTH, LIES & INSIDE STORIES OF DENTAL EDUCAT... TRUTH, LIES & INSIDE STORIES OF DENTAL EDUCATION If you are a dental student then you will find this very interesting ...
NBDE Part 2 Syllabus   For more Updates Join our official Facebook page                                      NBDE PART 2 EXA...
WELCOME TO UNITED STATES BUDDY WELCOME TO UNITED STATES BUDDY Hey buddies ,welcome back …. So this article is all about NATIONAL BOARDS DENTAL EXAMS (NBDE) …. starting from peer pre...
10 steps to MDS seat For more updates on dental news , colleges , exams , books and videos join our official Facebook Page Hi docs , ...

Leave a Reply

9 − two =